Lunch – This Recipe Serves 6 – 8
2 tbsp. sunflower oil
1 onion, finely diced
2 sticks celery, finely diced
2 carrots, finely diced
2 large potatoes, finely diced
1 tbsp. flat leaf parsley, finely
1 tbsp. dill, finely chopped
300g smoked mackerel fillets
280g mixed seafood pack
(salmon, smoked coley & cod)
1 pint of fish stock
250ml white wine
40g plain flour
½ pint of cream
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat, then add in the onion, celery & carrots. Cook for 8-10 minutes until soft. Stir in the flour and butter, then cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
2. Pour in the fish stock and bring up to a gentle simmer. Add the potatoes, cover, then simmer for 1 -15 minutes until the potatoes are cooked through.
3. Add in the chopped dill, parsley, seasoning, white wine.
4. Cook the seafood mix and the prawns for approx. 8-10 minutes or according to pack instructions.
5. Add the cooked fish mix along with the canned broken up chunks of smoked mackerel to the soup mix. Check the seasoning and adjust if necessary.
6. Serve with crusty bread.